Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Road Rage

Everyone who's ever lived some where with more than one stoplight can relate to a little road rage every now and then. Unfortunately, DC is one of the worst traffic jams in the country (literally - the roads were designed to handle 10% of the current population) and therefore I experience road rage on a daily basis. Add that to the fact that my job is 40% driving (put 27,000 miles on my gas-guzzling SUV last year) and I am in a constant struggle to keep my cool and avoid the speed traps.

Well, the other day, I was coming home from work and a Miata gets right on my bumper. For those of you who don't know, a Miata is a very fruity two-seater Mazda product that can only be appropriate for old ladies to drive to their bridge clubs. And let me just say this, I drive a Mercury Mountaineer. It is a VERY large vehicle, seats 7 and has 8 inches of ground clearance. I could literally crush a Miata with one tire.

The person driving this Miata was not an old lady but a middle-aged man with a bad attitude.

This guy gets on my tail in his Miata, gets frustrated so he goes around me and while doing that gives me a dirty look. I look over and he looks like he definitely puts that car on one leg at a time; I mean, the guy is right up against the steering wheel! He looks like the type who still lives at home with Mom and plays lots of World of Warcraft: think "Comic Book Guy" from the Simpson's.

So then he gets in front of me at the toll booth and guess what - he has a handicapped license plate! I mean, what handicapped person drives a little Miata?!

Well, anyway, at the suggestion of one of my friends, I was told to blog about this incident to help me get over my annoyance at how stupid DC drivers can be. And I know, God loves stupid drivers so I should love them too.

And their Miatas.

No comments: