Monday, July 7, 2008

Home Depot

Today I had to go into Home Depot to pick up a giftcard for my roommate. I don't have many occasions to go into Home Depot because I don't own a home, but I used to go there a lot with my Dad so I know my way around.

While I was waiting in line for the self-checkout (which took longer than a regular line) I was thinking about how strangely romantic it was being surrounded by all the tools and equipment. And I was thinking how much I really want to go into Home Depot with a man - a man who knows his way around. And I don't just want to pretend like we're shopping, I want to build something with a man, create something tangible and strong and enduring.

Maybe I'm going way out on a limb here, but I think there is something so sexy about a man who is handy. If you're just getting to know a guy, and you discover that he can't fix a toilet, isn't that a little bit of a let down? It's like finding out he likes to watch Gossip Girl or something. Ok, maybe that's a stretch - but I guess my type is no metro whatsoever.

And OMG I never want to hear the phrase, "I'm in touch with my feminine side", unless he's kidding. I'm from Texas, and real men are masculine. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?!

2 comments:

Jenny Wymore said...

I totally agree. I think a man should be able to fix anything in his house. Maybe it is just the engineer in me but I get a shiver in my spine when Jen talks about hiring some to do ANYTHING in our house. I ALSO wanna add that I am a card carryin member of "THE DEPOT"!!!!!!!

Sincerely

Tha Dave

Annalise said...

I love going to the Home Depot. And yes, it is soooo attractive when Steve does handy man stuff.