Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mama Mia!


My Dad came in town this weekend to keep me company on the 4th and get me out of my mood. It was really awesome having him here. There's nothing like being with your family when you feel lonely. I felt like last week I was emotionally vomiting all over everyone because I was so sad about the break-up and it's been nice to have Dad here to get some perspective. Stu was great - truly. I was blessed to have him for the time I did, but life will go on and I will be with the right person one day.

But enough about that. Dad and I have had a lot of fun this weekend. We haven't done much - mostly because the weather hasn't been great - but we've had a good time catching up and taking it easy.

On Friday, we saw Wanted - not a good movie. The story line was ok and the special effects were good but there were so many f-bombs that it just destroyed whatever dialog might have been important to the plot. That night we came home and watched Ratatouille and it was really good! I was impressed because I'm not a huge fan of Pixar movies, but this one was awesome!!

On Saturday the weather was better so we decided to go into DC and see Mama Mia! at the National Theatre. It was a great show. My Dad knew all the ABBA songs, he said he used to listen to them in these things called records. I'm anxious to see if the movie, which comes out next weekend, lives up to the musical.

Dad leaves today. It's been wonderful having him here and having him remind me of who I am. It's always nice to have people on your team. I can't wait to go home again and be with my family. But maybe I'll wait until the fall when the weather has cooled off a bit - like to 90. :-)

No comments: