Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Friends and Family

I am truly blessed to have the people I do. This break-up has been so hard and I have such great people around me to lift me up and remind me that everything will be ok. My friends have all rallied around me to make sure I'm ok and eating. My parents have been great - my Dad is flying up here this weekend to be with me for the holiday. He knew it would be hard for me to be alone with a lot of free time.
I'm glad that Stu ended things now if he didn't feel like they were going to work out long term but it still hurts and I miss him so much. I miss the way that he looked at me and the way he would lead me into a room. I always felt secure with him and he never made me feel stupid for saying the wrong thing. I have never felt as good in a relationship as I did when I was with him.
Every day it gets a little easier. I didn't wake up crying yesterday which was a real improvement. I have this deep sense of loss - almost like a death - that I'm still working through, but I know that the Lord is carrying me. I know that I will be ok and that in hindsight this will be a good thing.
I have to hope and pray that there is a plan in all this. And I guess the plan right now is for me to be single.

No comments: