Monday, June 30, 2008

Trouble in paradise

Well, it looks like my life is going to change from now on.

Stu and I broke up on Saturday after dating for six months. There was no fight, no cataclysmic event that ended everything. It just simply didn't work out. In the end, I have nothing bad to say about him. He is a decent and honorable man, which in a way makes it so much harder to move forward. Is there really someone out there who can treat me as well as he did? We never fought, he never raised his voice at me, and he brought peace to my life. But at the same time he was passionate when the occasion called for it and had an adventurous spirit.

I was blessed to have the time I did with him and I will always remember our time together as some of the best moments in my life. I learned how to be pursued by a good Christian man and he has forever raised the bar for future relationships.

Stu is the best man I have ever dated, so I have to believe that the person the Lord has intended for me is that much better. If you are a praying person, please send up prayers on my behalf.

My heart is shattered.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh no! If you go stircrazy and ever just wanna talk feel free to call. 210.416.4407

Actually, I should call you anyway. Its been forever since we talked!

Annalise said...

I'm so sorry, Shani. Go get yourself a massage and a pedicure and a gallon of ice cream. And if you need to talk, you can call me too, (801)602-7091.

I'm thinking of you!

Colleen said...

Shani- I just stumbled on your blog this morning for the first time in about a month or so, I'm praying for you...God does have a bigger plan and the fact that even in this hurtful time you realize that is amazing!

*hugs and prayers*