Thursday, February 5, 2009

My 25 Things

I was inspired by my best friend to write 25 interesting things about myself. This trend was started on Facebook. I resisted even reading any of the lists until yesterday when I read Anne's. I have to say, it was pretty interesting learning new things about her so I decided I might as well jump on the wagon. Here's my list.

1. I'm really inspired by people who live with painful, noticeable disabilities. They remind me I have nothing to complain about.

2. When I'm running on the treadmill, I fantasize about performing or being serenaded by the music I'm listening to. When I get off the treadmill I fantasize about not being so wiped out.

3. I love red wine from the Barossa valley in Australia. South American wines give me a headache.

4. I'm irrationally protective of the people I love. Especially my younger brother.

5. I was the biggest two-percenter at A&M, I didn't even go to a game until I was in grad school. How ironic that now I love being an Aggie and watching A&M football, and they suck miserably.

6. In a perfect world I'd probably bake all day. And weigh 400 lbs because of it.

7. I'm the jack of all trades and master of none. I really like trying new things but stop when I lose interest or become so good people start noticing. I don't like the pressure of being on top. I love flying under the radar.

8. Even though I'm 27, I still love reading People and US. I read them every time I get pedicures - which I've gotten every month for the past eight years.

9. I have over 60 pairs of shoes. It might be more but I stopped counting a while ago.

10. Mt. Vernon is my most favorite place to visit in the DC area.

11. Cockiness and laziness are my least favorite qualities in a person. I'm really attracted to humility and quiet confidence. People who don't rest on their laurels or talk about their accomplishments are the most interesting to get to know.

12. My perfect vacation is laying on a beautiful beach and no alarm clocks.

13. My hair has always been naturally curly and my eyes have always been blue/green. And Shani isn't short for anything.

14. Anne is such an awesome best friend. She totally keeps me accountable in a loving way. She is probably the most honest person I know and inspires me all the time.

15. I go to www.yahoo.com everyday.

16. My secret shame is Real Housewives of OC. I just can't stop.

17. I like reading books about string theory and quantum mechanics. I balance this with such classics as the Twilight series.

18. Chocolate is my biggest vice - dark chocolate especially; I have it everyday.

19. Rollerblading is my favorite way to exercise.

20. Freebirds rocks, Chipotle sucks.

21. It really irritates me when people use their upbringing as the reason not to succeed. Suck it up. Everybody had a childhood that wasn't so ideal.

22. I have a weakness for musicians and engineers. I'm also really attracted to men who are handy. A guy has got to know how to fix a toilet, right?

23. I get so much out of leading bible study with Rachel. The girls constantly amaze me and it's awesome to see the Lord's work in their lives.

24. My ego is shamefully fed by people telling me I look younger than I am and getting carded for beer. Hey, I'm knocking on 30 so I'll take it!

25. I can't wait for Nats baseball to start again and I'm looking forward to a summer of weeknight games and weekends by the pool!

No comments: