Friday, February 27, 2009

Secondhand Serenade


John Vesely - lead singer for Secondhand Serenade
The night before I left on my trip, Austin, Tom, Jeff, and me went to the Birchmere in Alexandria to see Secondhand Serenade play.

Tom, me and Austin

The band is alternative/emo/rock fronted by John Vesely, who composes all the music and writes all the lyrics. It usually isn't my genre but I love their A Twist In My Story CD; the music is very moving. John comes from two classically trained musician parents so it's no wonder that he has such a talent for composing.


Me and Jeff
We had a great time and I enjoyed being able to meet some of the band members from Secondhand Serenade and their opening act, White Tie Affair. It was a great night for sure, but I had to go home and finish packing so I could be on a plane by 7 AM.

Me and the lead singer for White Tie Affair

Me and the lead guitarist from Secondhand Serenade

It was totally worth it. :-)

No comments: