Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dinner Party

Last Friday Rachel came over and helped me make an amazing dinner for our friends Sarah, Sean, Austin, and Tom. I made pot roast (my Mom's recipe - awesome!) with carrots, green beans, and mashed potatoes. The guys got me a nice cookbook for Christmas so we were determined to make a dessert from the book. Rachel followed the recipe for mocha pecan pie exactly but it never set up right and ended up looking more like chocolate soup.

Thankfully I had a dessert in reserve. It was a recipe I made up out of my love for nutella. If you've never tried nutella, you need to - fast! It can be found in the grocery store next to the peanut butter.


Here's the recipe for Nutella Mousse Cups:

1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
2 tbs Godiva chocolate liqueur
1 cup whipped cream, whipped
3 tbs powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
12 pre-made (or homemade) chocolate dessert cups
chocolate shavings (opt)
two pints raspberries (opt)

Mix nutella and cheese together until blended. Mix in liqueur. In a separate bowl whip cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until whipped cream stands on its own. Gently fold in nutella cheese mixture until incorporated. Spoon or pipe into the dessert cups. If desired, sprinkle shaved chocolate over the mousse and decorate with raspberries.


It's delicious! One of my friends liked the golden raspberries so much, he ate all the raspberries off two cups and left the chocolate. A girl would never do that ... ;-)

No comments: