Monday, January 14, 2008

On call weekend

One of the responsibilities of my job in addition to helping doctors put pacemakers in people is that I have to be on call every three months or so. What that means is that I have to stay in the DC metro area in case one of our patients goes into the hospital and needs their pacemaker checked.
This past weekend I was on call and it was shaping up to be pretty quiet. Then yesterday around 4 pm I got called to Shady Grove, Maryland. While I was there I got called back down to Fairfax, VA. Just as I was getting in my car to go over to Stu's and watch the Cowboys, I got called back to the Shady Grove ER. When it rains, it pours.

I finished up with the patients around 7:30 and didn't get called again, thank goodness.

It was probably better that I didn't watch the game because the Cowboys lost to the Giants 21-17. Needless to say, Stu was not a happy camper. Being from Texas, you'd think I was really concerned about the game, however, I'm more of a college-ball fan and I don't really get into the pro teams. (but don't tell Stu) Go Aggies!

Saturday night I was able to go out for a birthday party. It was at a little place in Falls Church, VA. It's so fun getting to know the area better!

It was Stu's roommate's birthday and Alexis came with us. Here is a shot from the party ...


Overall it was a fun weekend, but I'm glad I don't have to be on call again until March!

No comments: