Sunday, January 6, 2008

Museums are fun!

This weekend I went to the National Building Museum in DC with Stu. We had originally wanted to see the Museum of Natural History at the Smithsonian and then walk over to the architecture museum, but after spending close to an hour looking for a parking spot we bailed on the Mall area and went to F St NW. It was fun sightseeing from the passenger seat, and I wished I had taken some pictures from there. Some times I take for granted that I live so close to so much history.

Over at the National Building Museum there were some really interesting exhibits highlighting famous architects. There was a really cool exhibit about the architecture of DC. Apparently, the engineers weren't smoking pot when they designed the transit system - it just worked a lot better for a population that was about 10% the size it is now.

There was a section that highlighted architectural art. I drew a picture of a bridge. I'll stick with pacemakers, art isn't my thing.

We couldn't take pictures inside the exhibits so here are a couple from outside on the balcony.


2 comments:

Anne and Brian said...

yeah I can't figure out all that stuff either!! Hope your trip was good!
Love you!

Annalise said...

You have a blog! Yay! I'm very excited, so I hope you keep your new year's resolution to blog regularly!