Thursday, September 25, 2008

Frontline Fall Retreat

As promised, this is my second blog this week - go me!

This past weekend I went with five hundred other Christians to the boonies of Virginia for some fellowship and R & R. It was a great weekend, with lots of great sermons and quiet times with God. I met a lot of new people, including Nadya, who is from from eastern Europe and rode down with us. She is an au pair for a family who goes to my church.


In addition to some great spiritual growth, the retreat offered really cool recreation activities like ropes courses, a zipline, and tons of outdoor sports like beach volleyball and ultimate Frisbee.


I did the ropes course with Noelle (my dear friend from A&M who was in DC for job interviews) and we had a blast! I fell and bruised my arms a little bit but other than that we did pretty good for our first time out there.


It was a great weekend and I can't wait for the spring Frontline retreat.

1 comment:

Genelle said...

Did you go to Rockbridge? Grace used to go their for the middle school and high school retreats. I went one year as a volunteer and got to help with the ropes course. We had a blast!

It looks like you had a ton of fun. I'm glad you had a great weekend!