Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Crabbed Out

For those of you who are not from the Atlantic coast, crabs are a very big deal here - specifically in Maryland. Since it started to get warm here again, Stu has been talking about getting a bushel of crabs and picking them (where you literally sit in front of a big pile of crabs and "pick" the meat out).

Last week we got crabs here in VA with Stu's buddies to celebrate his 34th birthday. It was a lot of fun! It's kind of like a crawfish boil back home but with less vegetables and more meat. Everyone had a great time and I definitely ate my fill.


My gift to Stu was taking him to Annapolis for the weekend to take it easy and see the sites. And while we were there, we got crabs again! I ate a ton and I have to say that I'm crabbed out for a while.


We also got icecream (twice) and tried to eat it before it melted all over our hands in the 98-degree heat. Here is a picture of us on main street.



What I didn't get on camera was the icecream that was all over Stu's face while he's was chowing down. It's so nice to know that no matter how old you get, you are never too old for a good icecream cone on a hot day. Happy Birthday, babe!

No comments: