Monday, June 1, 2009

Baptism

Baptism is a familiar concept in Christianity.  I was baptized when I was 10 years old and many of my friends were baptized as infants.  Every denomination has a different opinion on baptism and when it should take place but almost all agree it is an important threshold to cross on your spiritual journey.  It is the public display of an internal heart change. 

Even Jesus was baptized: 
At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.  As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove.  And a voice cam from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love, with you I am well pleased". Mark 1:9-11. (NIV)

Last night we had baptisms at our church.  Twelve people were baptized and among them was my friend Tom.  I could summarize his journey and what led him to his decision, but I won't do it justice, so the video below says in his own words why he chose to get baptized last night.



2 comments:

Tom said...

Thanks again for recording, Shani :-)

Shaun and Kelli said...

By any way which people choose to come unto Christ is an awesome thing I think. We all have our ways of doing it but the purpose is always the same, to Come unto Christ and be more like him. Congrats to your friend.