Friday, December 5, 2008

Thankful

Last week my parents came in town to visit for Thanksgiving. They brought along my brother, Reid, and it was a blast seeing all of them.

We decided to meet up in DC when they arrived and spent some time on the national mall and inside the Smithsonian. Go to my mom's blog here to see some pictures of us inside the National Art Museum. One little tip, though: if you decide to park on Ohio Ave NE on a regular work day, move your car by 4 PM. They were about to tow my car when we arrived at 4:05. They didn't tow it (thankfully) but I did get a nice little $100 ticket as a parting gift.

The Thanksgiving meal can be a little overwhelming, but with all of us cooking we pulled it off in no time. Including my roommates family, we had eight people surrounding our table. Everyone loved the dinner and we were full for days. During the meal we went around and said what we were thankful for. Everyone was so blessed and thankful for having employment, food on the table, and wonderful friends and family to share it with.

I guess most families watch football after they eat. My family got to have ECGs, blood pressure measurements and card tricks courtesy of me, Adrianne and John. Adrianne is Marie's eldest daughter and just started medical school. She was eager to try out some of the clinical procedures she'd learned and I jumped on the bandwagon with my electrophysiology background. John (Marie's boyfriend) entertained the patients with card tricks. Even though we'd just consumed a huge meal, everyone checked out great!

I look forward to next year's holiday, but I hope Adrianne isn't going to be doing a surgical rotation around that time ...

No comments: