Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Washington DC

As I have mentioned before, I live about 12-15 miles from DC. Actually, that is a little misleading. It takes about 30-45 minutes to get into the city depending on what time of day you decide to go. If you metro (our version of the subway) it takes about 30 minutes as well.


I've been learning more about the metro again since I started seeing Stu. He likes to take me into the city and explore whatever new exhibit is available. It's been great for me to get more familiar with what DC has to offer.


A couple of weeks ago we went to the Museum of Natural History at the Smithsonian to see the 3-D U2 Imax they were showing there. We got there early with the intention of walking around the museum before the show. Unfortunately, the museums close at 5:30 on Saturdays so we only had about 15 minutes before we had to leave. We walked from the Smithsonian to the Capitol South metro across from the House office buildings. It's about 3 metro stops (Stu was a little winded).


We ate dinner at a surprisingly good mexican food place called Tortilla Coast. Stu and I both spent time working on the Hill and that was one of the restaurants government workers used to frequent. It was great to think about all my crazy times as an intern. I can't believe that was four years ago!


We metro-ed back to the U2 show (at Stu's request) around 9pm. It was a great show! Worth the money if you like U2.


I took some pictures of the mall at sunset. Here they are:


2 comments:

Annalise said...

I spent a long weekend in D.C. by myself a few years ago. It was a lot of fun wandering around the city, seeing everything. It really is a remarkable city. My favorite place was the National Gallery.

Anne and Brian said...

not related to your last post really,
but how the heck do i add "blogs i read" on my page??
:)
<3 you!