Monday, February 4, 2008

Busy life

Ask and you shall receive. Just when I thought that my blog was going to become an update of my New Year's resolutions through 2008, my life got exciting again. I actually have fun stuff to write about this week!

First, and in the spirit of resolutions, I ran 8 miles on Saturday. Or rather, I slowly jogged for an hour and thirty-five minutes on my treadmill. It was one of the best runs I've had in a while. I might actually finish the ten miles in April!

Friday night Stu got great seats at the Wizards game so we metro-ed into the city to watch our team lose to the Utah Jazz. (there is Jazz in Utah?) The game was fun and the company was better so we still had a great time. Walking around DC after the game made me want to move there - if it wasn't so expensive.

Saturday night Stu and I went bowling with Anne and Brian. Bowling isn't really my game (I bowled a 27 once ... really) and I felt bad for Stu because we competed as couples. Anne and Brian definitely kicked our butts. I can't wait go bowling with my kids one day so I can justify the use of bumpers.

After bowling we all went to get wings at Lucky's - a sports bar and grill. There Brian figured out that he had met Stu two years ago at a random party where they had a conversation about brick city. Brian is a very creative person and thought up this city made entirely of brick and how it would be put together. It's kind of funny - brick city keeps on coming up in strange places.

Yesterday I sang on praise team at my church. I go to a mega-church called McLean Bible Church. I think it has around 10,000 members. There are many services and campuses in the DC metro area. I sang at a campus that has three services on Sunday mornings and seats about 500 people per service. It was really fun to get up there and sing again. The first two services were pretty packed but the 12:30 was empty. I think there were only 30 people in the audience. The low attendance probably had something to do with a little game called the superbowl.

For superbowl I went to a party in Arlington at this awesome house owned by one of Stu's friends. It was amazing! It had a great room in the basement with huge couches, a pool table and the most awesome toy ever - a 100-inch 1080p HD TV with surround sound. I have to say I'm a sucker for the latest electronic gadget. And you haven't lived until you've watched football in HD on a great LCD screen.

Needless to say it was a very busy weekend and I'm definitely feeling the need for sleep. That's what work is for, right?

2 comments:

Annalise said...

Hey, I watched the Jazz game on TV Friday night. Steve's obviously a huge fan, and it's rubbing off on me too now. I've been in Utah far too long.

Anne and Brian said...

uhm, i look like poo in that picture... :(