Sunday, April 5, 2009

Another One Down ...

I ran my third 10 mile race today and finished 1:36:44, almost a whole minute better than last year! I'm really proud since I had many interruptions in my training schedule.

I enjoyed the race, but I can barely walk tonight. My hips probably won't take much more running, but I'm hoping they'll make it through at least one more 10 mile race (the Army 10 miler in October) and the Marine Corps Marathon at the end of October.

I always say that the next race will be my last but for some reason I keep signing up for more. There is something about being in the heat of the race and having all those people going towards the same goal that is very inspiring.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the Cherry Blossom Race but I suppose that's ok because it's not like I looked that great after running 10 miles!

My birthday is this Sunday, April 12, and I'm looking forward to having a great post with some pictures from my cocktail party next week.

Until next time :-)

1 comment:

Shaun and Kelli said...

way to go girly! That's awesome. I don't think I can make it around the block. Happy Early Birthday too. Love ya!