Friday, May 16, 2008

Basilica


Once upon a time I was a singer. That is, I sang in choir and took voice lessons for many years. I had the privilege of being a part of a high school choir that was very good and won multiple awards. It was a lot of fun and I miss all my choir friends from ten years ago. Shout out to Annalise ;-)
Last fall I decided to start singing again in the choir at my church. Again, there are amazing singers in the choir and it has been so much fun being a part of such a talented body of people.
This week we performed at the Basilica in Washington, DC. It was a great time, and singing with the orchestra was a whole new experience for me. Not to mention, the Basilica is one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever visited.


Stu and my roommate/landlord Marie came to watch me perform. We almost didn't make it because of crazy DC traffic but Stu saved the day with his speed racer driving and I got there just in time to get onstage. I'm so glad they came and it was a great night.

2 comments:

Anne and Brian said...

nice dress...where'd you get it?? ;)

Annalise said...

Oooh you look so pretty! I miss choir too, I've been thinking about joining one in the community.