Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME

Last weekend, Saturday actually, I turned the ripe old age of 27. It's strange to me and even as I type this I can't believe how fast the years have gone by. I feel like just yesterday I was hanging out in the choir room with Annalise talking about how excited we were to be in senior musical and how we couldn't wait to graduate.

That was eight years ago ...

It's fun to look back some times and see how things have changed. I went off to college and then moved 1400 miles away from everything I knew. Annalise moved right after graduation and now lives in Utah. She just started cooking school. I haven't seen her since the year 2000, but one of these days we'll hang out. And maybe she'll cook me dinner. :-)

My party last weekend was a blast! I had about 30 of my friends come over to the house to hang out and celebrate with me. The attire was 1940's style it was great to see people get into it. We even had one guy in a zoot suit!


Stu got a cookie monster pinata. I tried to break it but couldn't so he had to step in. Now the cookie monster is headless and sitting in my foyer - it's a little morbid. It was a great time.


I have to admit that I was feeling a little down about being 3 years away from 20-10 but Stu said I had nothing to worry about. It helps that he'll be turning 34 in a couple of months. It makes me feel young.


So here's to another year gone by ... I'm so happy to be 27 and not 17. Every year gets better and better and I can't wait to see how this year turns out.

1 comment:

Annalise said...

Awww, I miss you so much right now! We definitely have to hang out sometime...somehow. 8 years is way too long.

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! Your party looks like it was a blast.