Sunday, October 19, 2008

My life in license plates

Virginia DMV has this great program where you can get vanity plates for relatively low cost. Consequently, there are a lot of vanity plates on the road and it's a game of mine to figure out where and how people came up with their particular plate.

Some are easy, like the name of a sports team or the initials of the auto owners. And other people choose phrases; meaningful ones usually but some times I just can't figure out why someone would put "BIG BLR" or "WAS HIS" on their plate.

There are times when I'm mulling over something while I'm driving and I look up and all the sudden I see my answer in a license plate. Case and point: tonight I was thinking about something and I look up and the license plate says "GT OVR IT".

Who knew vanity plates could be so profound?!

No comments: