Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Jumping Bean!

I haven't posted since my birthday because we found out I was pregnant again and I knew if I wrote a post I wouldn't be able to keep the news a secret.  Plus, I was exhausted for the first part of my pregnancy and quite honestly didn't feel like doing much of anything.

But back to the news - I'm expecting!  After the miscarriage, I was a little worried to get back on the horse, so to speak.  I just didn't want to go through that valley again.  But after I had a normal month in March and everything stabilized with my body, Scott and I decided to "remove the goalies" (a hockey reference - so you know Scott came up with that one!).  Also, since we knew we wanted to have kids soon, we figured, why not?

Well, one month of that did the trick and pretty much as soon as my OCD let me, I started taking those pregnancy tests again.  I think I have a graduate degree in peeing on a stick!  And over the course of a few days, this is what I got:


Definitely a good sign!  Since I had so many more symptoms this time around, we pretty much assured ourselves that this little bean was going to stick.  During this time I went to Texas twice - the first time for my sister's bridal shower and the second for her wedding three weeks later.  Since I was abstaining from adult beverages, clearly unusual for me, people knew something was up.  By the time her reception was going most of my family had figured it out and let's be honest, it's SO hard to keep that secret when you're so excited about it!  The next day we were back in Virginia and we went to the first appointment.  I was almost 8 weeks at this point.  And there it was!  The little blob - it really doesn't look like a baby until later.  But the heart beat was good at 141 and we were thrilled!


We started telling some close friends and family and asked everyone to pray that the baby and I stay healthy.  I was pretty tired from about weeks 5 to 10, and just in the last couple of weeks have a started to get my energy back.  I haven't had any morning sickness, thank goodness.  Because I was so tired at the beginning, my appetite was out of control!  I've already gained 7 lbs, yikes!!  But I spoke with my doctor yesterday and she said that a lot of her patients who gain weight in the first trimester slow down a lot in the second and then pick it back up again in the third.  I'm really hoping I follow this trend, because I already started this pregnancy heavier than I wanted to be.  I'm starting to work out again and that's really helped me feel more healthy.  Here's a picture from yesterday's ultrasound:


Definitely more baby-like, and the heart rate was 154!  I think the baby is about the size of a plum now.  And he (or she!) was moving yesterday too!  Here's a video of a little jump:





It goes all dark at the end because I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the baby move.  And just an FYI, my due date is January 4, 2013 (hoping for late 2012 though - yay tax deduction!), and we are finding out the gender, which we will tell but we aren't telling the name until after the birth, so don't ask :-)  My lips are sealed!





3 comments:

actoclean12 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Expedito Rodrigues said...

WOW! You will not believe! Visit our website and blogger promotions World and meet our featured deals: : http://promocoesmundiais.blogspot.com.br/ e http://sitepromocoesmundiais.com.br/

Hui Shan Tan said...

Congratulation